Friday, August 18, 2006

dreamer

The curse of a dreamer is her dream. For I've dreamed my way through grade school, through high school, through Bible School out onto the other side and those who have heard my dream have exclaimed, "Great Dream! keep dreaming, Dreamer!" And I dream along, wonder at my dreams, try to contain my dreams, question my dreams, wait for my dreams. Life permits one to live in a dream only so long, though I fear not my dreams, I do fear me without dreams. I fear me becoming no dream, me doing another's dreams. I would dream on, and I probably will, but my dreams seem so dreamy and everyone knows a dreamy dream can only get me far. I suppose I'll reach my dreams some day, but I live now at arms length of my dream, hoping to not be known as the dreamer who once dreamt.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Laura,
One of the things people love best about you is your dreams. You have the gift (and curse I suppose) of being a dreamer. Thanks for pushing those you love to do the same...