Tuesday, November 27, 2007

huh?

Large sweeping generalization:
Logic is something that Koreans deem unnecessary.
Case in point: On Saturday in Seoul, I gave in to my curiosity and bought a waffle cone filled with chicken chili. courtney chose the chicken alfredo. i was a little apprehensive, but it seemed to be quite the hoppin' place so, it couldn't be that bad. and, I would say it was worth every Won. For under 3 dollars, I was quite full, quite entertained and even determined to try another "savory cone" next time. Who needs ice cream when you can fill your cone with steak or salad or chicken chili, right?


----------
In other news:
The two friends I have in this country, Hannah (fellow ANCA teacher) and Courtney (new teacher friend living in Seoul) are both abandoning me in the month of December, leaving me virtually friendless in Korea.
Hannah leaves on monday. that's 5 days from now. Guh. I'm not sure if i'll be ok.

To pay them back for their cruel abandonment, I am posting this abnormally bad photo of the both of them. Eat that. that's what you get for leaving me to teach snotty korean babes by myself. :) (in truth, it's just the only photo i have of the two of them...sorry girls)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guh. I miss that expression. I had a blast having coffee with you and Anne. It was great to reconnect. It's always an adventure when I get together with you. After you left I noticed that my car was acting funny, the kind of funny that doesn't allow you to turn the steering wheel. Long story short, my "husband" had to come and get me and my car is now sitting dead in the Yoder's parking lot. Of course I blame you. Ha ha ha. I'm so glad you gave your blog. Be prepared for some comments. Love you Laura. Guh.