Monday, April 14, 2008

i miss people

people are talking in other languages around me all the time. it kills me not just because i don't understand, but because i want to be acknowledged, to be communicated with.

and simultaneously, i am lonely here. so sometimes, by the water cooler or in the hallway when i hear korean, i imagine that they are talking about me. saying good things about me, just forgetting that i don't really understand them.

and sometimes, i even go out to the water cooler or to the hallway just to be in the presence of people. even if they aren't saying anything to me or about me.

sometimes i even turn on my tv in my apartment at night just to pretend that there are people in my life.

i miss people.
i miss people who don't drive me insane.

1 comment:

Chris and Joy said...

people (me) miss you too. I really do. Love u.