Sunday, June 29, 2008

another seoul saturday










Oh Seoul.


what a fabulous city. especially with all my new found friends. i spent another saturday in this endless city. i met up with So Young (who ironically has had an english name, abby, this whole time without me knowing it). So Young has introduced me to about 58 new amazing cafes. she brings me to neighborhoods with excessive amounts of equally cool cafes. cafes that have all the features i love in a cafe: exposed interior brick, variety of seating, good music and (obviously) superb coffee.
my biggest complaint about seoul is that there are too many places i want to eat at, drink at, experience.
too little time...too little money.

i met up with So Young and she showed me around where she works (Far East Broadcasting). we grabbed some lunch (kimbap-rice and vegetables wrapped in seaweed- and bi bim mandu- my new found favorite- vegetables and red sauce served with dumplings).

then we wandered around a university's art building for awhile. we wandered around student's studios, in and out of classrooms to look at the art, and no one stopped us.

after that it was off to a super cool cafe with really expensive coffee (but good, none the less).

i left So Young and ended up meeting up with another friend (that sentence made it sound as if i've got an abundance of friends here, really there are only 2). Hannah (my finnish friend) and i met up and ended up eating bagels at Dunkin Donuts for dinner. sometime a girl just needs a bagel.

then, eventually i caught a bus home.

(this is Bi Bim Mandu)





No comments: